Ljubomir Jovanov was born in Pančevo, Yugoslavia, on July 13, 1975. He received dipl.ing. degree in Electrical Engineering and mr. ing. degree in Telecommunications, in 2000 and 2005 respectively, both from the University of Novi Sad, Serbia. In 2006 he joined the Department of Telecommunications and Information Processing of Ghent University, Belgium as a PhD student. His main research interests are image, video and 3D restoration, image analysis and processing of multimedia data. In 2011 he defended his PhD thesis entitled "Advanced Restoration Techniques for 3D Images and Video".
1. A. Kumcu, K. Bombeke, L. Platisa, L. Jovanov, J. Van Looy and W. Philips, "Performance of four subjective video quality assessment protocols and impact of different rating pre-processing and analysis methods," in IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing , vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-16, doi: 10.1109/JSTSP.2016.2638681
2. C. Zuo, L. Jovanov, B. Goossens, H. Luong, W. Philips, Y. Liu, and M. Zhang: "Image Denoising Using Quadtree Based Non-Local Means with Locally Adaptive Principle Component Analysis", IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Volume 23, Issue 4, April 2016, pp. 434-438, doi: 10.1109/LSP.2016.2530406
3. L. Jovanov, H. Luong and W. Philips: "Multiview video quality enhancement", Journal of Electronic Imaging, Volume 25, Issue 1, paper ID: 013031, pp.1-15, Feb. 2016, doi: 10.1117/1.JEI.25.1.013031
4. F. Allaeys, G. Luyckx, C. Sarrazin, W. Paepegem, L. Jovanov and W. Philips: "A 3D Shape Measurement Technique that Makes Use of a Printed Line Pattern", Experimental Mechanics, Volume 54, Issue 6, July 2014, pp.999-1009, doi: 10.1007/s11340-014-9864-4
5. S. Grünwedel, N. Petrovic, L. Jovanov, J. N. Castañeda, A. Pizurica and W. Philips: "Efficient foreground detection for real-time surveillance applications", Electronics Letters, Volume 49, Issue 18, August 2013, pp. 1143–1145
6. L. Jovanov, A. Pizurica, and W. Philips: "Denoising Algorithm for the 3D Depth Map Sequences Based on Multihypothesis Motion Estimation", EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, 2011, 2011:131
7. L. Jovanov, A. Pizurica, and W. Philips, ''Fuzzy logic-based approach to wavelet denoising of 3D images produced by time-of-flight cameras'', Optics Express, Volume 18, Issue 22, October 2010, pp. 22651–22676
8. L. Jovanov, A. Pizurica, S. Schulte, P. Schelkens, A.Munteanu, E.Kerre and W.Philips, "Combined Wavelet-Domain and Motion-Compensated Video Denoising Based on Video Codec Motion Estimation Methods", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Volume 19, Issue 3, March 2009, pp. 417-421
9. A. Pizurica, L. Jovanov, B. Huysmans, V.Zlokolica, P. De Keyser, F. Dhaenens and W. Philips, "Multiresolution Denoising for Optical Coherence Tomography: A Review and Evaluation", Current Medical Imaging Reviews, Vol. 4, No. 4. November 2008, pp. 270-284.
1. L. Jovanov, A. Pizurica, V. Zlokolica, and W. Philips, "An improved scheme for combined wavelet domain and temporal filtering," in STW/ProRISC Conference, Veldhoven, The Netherlands, November 23 - 24, 2006, pp. 141-147
2. L. Jovanov, A. Pizurica, V. Zlokolica, S. Schulte, E. Kerre, and W. Philips, "Combined wavelet domain and temporal filtering compliant with video codec," in IEEE Internat. Conf. on Acoust., Speech and Signal Process., ICASSP, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 15-20 April, 2007, pp. 765-768
3. N. Petrovic, V. Zlokolica, L. Jovanov, B. Goossens, A. Pizurica, and W. Philips, "Characterization of correlated noise in video sequences and its applications to noise removal", 3rd International Workshop on Video Processing and Quality Metrics for Consumer Electronics, Scottsdale, AR, USA, January 2007.
4. L. Jovanov, A. Pizurica and W. Philips: "Wavelet Based Method for Joint Denoising of Depth and Luminance Images", 3DTV-CON 2007 - The True Vision Capture, Transmission and Display of 3D Video [7-9 May 2007], Kos, Greece
5. L. Jovanov, A. Pizurica, W. Philips: "Wavelet-based stereo images reconstruction using depth images" in SPIE Symposium Optical Engineering and Applications, Applications of Digital Image Processing XXX, vol. 6701, San Diego, California, USA, August, 2007.
6. V. Zlokolica, L. Jovanov, A. Pizurica, W. Philips: "Wavelet-based denoising for 3D OCT images" in SPIE Symposium Optical Engineering and Applications, Applications of Digital Image Processing XXX, vol. 6696, San Diego, California, USA, August, 2007.
7. L. Jovanov, N. Petrovic, A. Pizurica, W. Philips: "Content adaptive wavelet based method for joint denoising of depth and luminance images" in SPIE Wavelet Applications in Industrial Processing V, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, 9-12 September, 2007.
8. W. van der Tempel, D. Van Nieuwenhove, R. Grootjans, Ljubomir Jovanov, Joris Roels, Aleksandra Pizurica, Dries Van Thourhout, Roel Baets, Wilfried Philips, Maarten Kuijk: State of the art modulator approaches for Continuous Time-of-Flight range finding Benelux IEEE Leos Conference, Brussels, Dec. 2008
9. L. Jovanov, A. Pizurica, W. Philips, ''Multiresolution example-based depth image restoration conference'', Applications of Digital Image Processing, 23rd, Proceedings (2009)
10. L. Jovanov, E. Vansteenkiste, W. Philips, W. Ermens, T. Beckers, ''Quality assessment of D10 and DV25 video codecs for broadcasting purposes'', 1st IEEE Eastern European Regional Conference on the Engineering of Computer Based Systems (ECBS-EERC 2009), Sep. 07-08, 2009, Novi Sad, Serbia
11. L. Jovanov, Q. Luong and W. Philips, "Depth video enhancement for 3D displays", SID Mid-Europe Chapter Spring Meeting, March 15-16, 2013, p.50-52
12. M. Vlaminck, L. Jovanov, P. Van Hese, B. Goossens, W. Philips, A. Pižurica, "Obstacle detection for pedestrians with a visual impairment based on 3D imaging", In 2013 International Conference on 3D Imaging, Proceedings, IEEE, pp. 6, 2013
13. A. Kumcu, K. Bombeke, H. Chen, L. Jovanov, L. Platiša, H. Luong, J. Van Looy, Y. Van Nieuwenhove, P. Schelkens, W. Philips, "Visual quality assessment of H.264/AVC compressed laparoscopic video", In SPIE Medical Imaging, Proceedings, vol. 9037, pp. 90370A-90370A-12, 2014.
14. S. Donne, L. Jovanov, B. Goossens, W. Philips, A. Pižurica, "Online Non-rigid Structure-from-motion based on a keyframe representation of history", In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications, Lisbon, Portugal, pp. 723-731, 2014. (ISBN: 978-989-758-004-8)
15. Allaeys F, Luyckx G, Van Paepegem W, Jovanov L, Philips W. 3D shape measurement technique using a printed line pattern. 16th International Conference on Experimental Mechanics, Abstracts. 2014.
16. T. Ružić, L. Jovanov, H. Luong, A. Pižurica, W. Philips, "Depth-Guided Patch-Based Disocclusion Filling for View Synthesis via Markov Random Field Modeling", In 8th International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems, Gold Coast, Australia, 2014.
17. L. Jovanov, H. Luong, W. Philips, "Content Capture and View Interpolation Algorithm for Multiview Autostereoscopic Displays", In SID Symposium Digest of Technical Papers, vol. 46, no. S1, pp. 35-35, 2015.
18. L. Jovanov, H. Luong, T. Ružić, W. Philips, "Multiview image sequence enhancement", In Proc. SPIE, Image Processing: Algorithms and Systems XIII, vol. 9399, pp. 93990K-93990K-11, 2015. (ISBN: 9781628414899)
19. C. Zuo, L. Jovanov, H. Luong, B. Goossens, W. Philips, Y. Liu, M. Zhang, "Rotation Invariant Similarity Measure for Non-Local Self-Similarity Based Image Denoising", In IEEE International Conference on Image Processing ICIP, Québec, Canada, pp. 1618-1622, 2015. (ISBN: 978-1-4799-8339-1)
1. "Real-time depth video enhancement", SID Mid-SID Mid-Europe Chapter Spring Meeting 2013, Gent, April 2013
2. "Color video denoising and robust depth reconstruction demo", The European Nanoelectronics Forum 2013, Barcelona, November 2013
3. "Depth video enhancement for 3D displays", DSP Valley 3D Vision and Imaging Event, Business Faculty, Vilvoorde, March 2014
4. "Single user multiview display", iMinds The Conference, Brussels, October 2014.
5. "Single user multiview visualization and real-time stereo processing", IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging Conference, San Francisco, February 2015.
6. "Content Capture and View Interpolation Algorithm for Multiview Autostereoscopic Displays", SID Eurodisplay 2015, Gent, September 2015.
7. "Depth superresolution demo", SuperMinds 2015, Gent, October 2015.
1. M. Secujski, R.Obradovic, D. Pekar, Lj. Jovanov, V. Delic: AlfaNum System for Speech Synthesis in Serbian Language, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Verlag, Vol. 2448, pp. 237 - 244, 2002.
2. Lj. Jovanov, D. Pekar, R. Obradovic: Continuous Speech Recognition Based on HTK, DOGS 2002, pp. 65-68, Becej, 2002
3. M. Secujski, R.Obradovic, D. Pekar, Lj. Jovanov, V. Delic: Alfanum Text To Speech Synthesis in Serbian Language, DOGS 2002, pp. 21-27, Becej, 2002
4. N. Djuric, D. Pekar, Lj. Jovanov: Structure of Serbian SpeechDat(E) Speech Database Recorded Over PSTN, DOGS, Becej, 2002.
5. V.Delic, Lj. Jovanov: Speaker Identification and Verification Based on HTK , DOGS 2002, pp. 69-72, Becej, 2002
6. M. Secujski, R.Obradovic, D. Pekar, Lj. Jovanov, V. Delic: AlfaNum System for Speech Synthesis in Serbian Language, 5th International Conference, TSD 2002, Brno, September 2002
7. M. Secujski, R. Obradovic, D. Pekar, Lj. Jovanov: A Concatenative TTS system in Serbian Language Based on Real-Time Selection of Segments, ETRAN 2002
8. M. Secujski, R.Obradovic, D. Pekar, Lj. Jovanov, V. Delic: The Synthesis Of The Speech In Serbian Language By Connecting Chosen Segments In Real Time, InfoM, vol. 2, Belgrade 2002.
9. M. Secujski, R.Obradovic, D. Pekar, Lj. Jovanov, V. Delic: Speech Technologies and Their Role In Modern Communications, InfoM, vol.6-7, Belgrade 2003
10. V. Mladenovic, Lj. Jovanov: The Characteristics of the Envelope and Derivation of the Envelope When Fading is Present, 6th International Conference on Telecommunications in Modern Satellite, Cable and Broadcasting Services TELSIKS 2003
11. Lj. Jovanov, D. Pekar, N. Djuric: AnMailReader CTI Application For Reading of e-mail Messages, DOGS 2004, pp. 33-36, Sombor, 2004
12. Lj. Jovanov, N. Jakovljevic, D.Pekar, V.Delic: Formant Estimation And Tracking Algorithm, DOGS 2004, pp. 17-20, Sombor, 2004
13. Lj. Jovanov, M. Narandzic: Stochactic MIMO Radio Channel Model, TELFOR 2004, Belgrade, 2004
14. Lj. Jovanov, D. Pekar: Formant Tracking Algorithm Based On Dynamic Programming, 2nd International Interdisciplinary Conference on Fundamental and Applied Aspects of Speech and Language, Belgrade, 1-2. Decembar 2004
15. Lj. Jovanov, D. Pekar: Performance Comparison of Formant Tracking Algorithms , ETRAN 2005, Budva, June 2005
16. Lj. Jovanov, D.Pekar: Formant Estimation And Tracking Algorithm, InfoM, vol.3, issue 4, 2004
Recursive video denoising with reuse of video coding resources .
Denoising, super-resolution, sensor fusion and view synthesis (interpolation and inpainting).
Department of Telecommunications and Information Processing
St-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
tel: +32 9 264 34 15
fax: +32 9 264 42 95