Wenzhi Liao was born in Dingnan, Jiangxi Province, China. He received the Bachelor degree in mathematics from Hainan Normal University, HaiKou, China, in 2006, the PhD Degree in Engineering from South China University of Technology (China) in 2012 and the PhD Degree in Computer Science from Ghent University (Belgium) in 2012. He is now working as a FWO postdoctoral research fellow at the Image Processing and Interpretation Research Group of Ghent University.
His current research interests include pattern recognition, remote sensing, and image processing. In particular, his interests include hyperspectral image restoration, mathematical morphology, data fusion and classification.
1. Recipient of the "Best Paper Challenge" award of the 2013 IEEE GRSS (Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society) Data Fusion Contest (matlab codes):
W. Liao, R. Bellens, S. Gautama, A. Pizurica, and W. Philips, "Graph-based feature fusion of hyperspectral and LiDAR remote sensing data using morphological features". (New! PDF)
2. Recipient of the "Best Paper Challenge" award of the 2014 IEEE GRSS Data Fusion Contest (matlab codes):
W. Liao, F. Van Coillie, S. Gautama, A. Pizurica, and W. Philips, "Fusion of thermal infrared hyperspectral and VIS RGB data using guided filtering and supervised fusion graph".(New! PDF)
Department of Telecommunications and Information Processing (TELIN)
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Tel: +32 9 264 4226
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org     or     email@example.com
1. From May 30 to July 13, 2014: Visiting Researcher at Grenoble-Image-sPeech-Signal-Automatics Lab (GIPSA-Lab) (France).
3. From May 5 to August 31, 2016: Visiting Scholar at Department of Mathematics, University of California, Los Angeles (USA).
4. From November 26 to December 27, 2016: Visiting Scientist at the Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth (RADI), Chinese Academy of Sciences.
1. IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IEEE IGARSS'2014, '2015).
2. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP); IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing (TGRS); IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing (JSTAR); Neurocomputing, IEEE Geosicene and Remote Sensing Letters, Remote Sensing, International Journal of Remote Sensing.